- ISO Withdraws Machinery Risk Assessment Standards”>ISO Withdraws Machinery Risk Assessment Standards
- How Risk Assessment Fails
- The purpose of risk assessment
- The Problem with Probability
- TEPCO know about Fukushima before 11-Mar-11?”>What did TEPCO know about Fukushima before 11-Mar-11?
- How Risk Assessment Fails — Again. This time at DuPont.
- Scoring Severity of Injury – Hidden Probabilities
- The Probability Problem
- Understanding Risk Assessment
- What is risk assessment?
I’m often asked what seems like a pretty simple question: “Why do we need to do a risk assessment?” There are a lot of good reasons to do risk assessments, but ultimately, the purpose of risk assessment is best summed up in this quotation:
“Risk assessments, except in the simplest of circumstances, are not designed for making judgements, but to illuminate them.”
Richard Wilson and E. A. C. Crouch, Science, Volume 236, 1987, pp.267