Check out the interview that Han Zuyderwijk of CEMarking.net and I did with Ian Fraser, former Policy Officer at the European Commission responsible for the Machinery Directive (2006/42/EC), and Team Leader about questions related to the Machinery Directive (2006/42/EC).
During the interview, we discuss:
- the regulatory developments in the directive in the last ten years;
- the concept of the ‘person authorised to compile the technical documentation’ and how it differs from the authorised representative;
- the integration of risk assessment into the EMC Directive and Low Voltage Directive;
- responsibilities for products placed in the market when a) the relevant directives are amended, and b) relevant standards are amended. What does that mean for the conformity assessment and the Declaration of Conformity;
- how the future amendments to the Medical Devices Regulation/Directive relates to the Machinery Directive;
- are electromagnetic compatibility aspects of machinery going to be reinforced in the Machinery Directive;
- whether there should be more regulations or certification of CE/Machine Safety consultants.
We briefly lost connection and therefore the recording was interrupted for a short while. Obviously, it pays off to join the live session 😉
Based on the feedback we’ve received already, we are planning additional hangouts like this to discuss a wide variety of CE Marking related topics!
Please leave your comments or questions below.