Beginning in January 2019, the EU began the process of opening the venerable Machinery Directive (2006/42/EC) for review and revision. The initial consultation ended at the end of February 2019 so that the staff at the European Commission DG Growth could begin the revision work. That has now ended, and once again the European Commission has opened a public consultation on the revised Directive.
Public consultation is open from 07 June 2019 – 30 August 2019 (midnight Brussels time) to allow anyone in the world to review and comment on the document. You can access the review here.
According to the consultation website, the following categories of stakeholders have been identified for this initiative:
- Academic/research institutions
- Business associations: associations of producers, importers or distributors of machinery (or parts)
- Company/business organisations: manufacturers, importers and distributors of machinery (or parts)
- Consumer organisations (professionals/workers using machinery, private users of machinery)
- Environmental organisations
- EU citizens
- Machinery safety consultants
- Non-EU citizens
- Non-governmental organisations (NGO)
- Notified bodies
- Public authorities (authorities that enforce machinery rules)
- Standardisation organisations
- Trade unions
If you market machinery products into the EU and fit into any of the above categories, consider taking some time to review the new document and provide your feedback.
Want to see the impact assessment done following the initial public comment period? Download the “INCEPTION IMPACT ASSESSMENT” below.
© 2019 – 2022, Compliance inSight Consulting Inc.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
0 thoughts on “EU Machinery Directive Public Review”
My company here in Ireland recently aquired a plastic injection moulding machine from a sister company in the USA we have no idea on how to get it CE marked or if it has been marked as no information came with the machine so i have been directed to get this machine fit for production. The machine is a Milacron S-2000 I 50b roboshot. I have tried alot of avenues and hear noting back. If you could help in anyway it woud be great
I replied to you privately via email with some suggestions. Let me know if you need anything else!