Beginning in January 2019, the EU began the process of opening the venerable Machinery Directive (2006/42/EC) for review and revision. The initial consultation ended at the end of February 2019 so that the staff at the European Commission DG Growth could begin the revision work. That has now ended, and once again the European Commission has opened a public consultation on the revised Directive.
According to the consultation website, the following categories of stakeholders have been identified for this initiative:
- Academic/research institutions
- Business associations: associations of producers, importers or distributors of machinery (or parts)
- Company/business organisations: manufacturers, importers and distributors of machinery (or parts)
- Consumer organisations (professionals/workers using machinery, private users of machinery)
- Environmental organisations
- EU citizens
- Machinery safety consultants
- Non-EU citizens
- Non-governmental organisations (NGO)
- Notified bodies
- Public authorities (authorities that enforce machinery rules)
- Standardisation organisations
- Trade unions
If you market machinery products into the EU and fit into any of the above categories, consider taking some time to review the new document and provide your feedback.
Want to see the impact assessment done following the initial public comment period? Download the “INCEPTION IMPACT ASSESSMENT” below.
|492 downloads||1.0||Doug Nix||2019-07-17 16:25|